Diagnosed with Covid-19

Anahita Adivi
11 min readSep 25, 2021

A story of survival

I was diagnosed with Covid-19 on September 5th, 2021 and for a few days I had to fight for my life not knowing if I would live to see another day.

Funny thing is that I knew when I got COIVD and who I got it from. Against my better judgement I went inside a restaurant cause I was hungry. The waitress sat me at communal table inside. There were other chairs along the outside of the restaurant and I didn’t bother to ask to go there. Plus I had a large backpack and I was getting ready to write and thought I’d spread out so no one would want to sit next to me and give me Covid.

Well, a sweet mom and daughter daughter sat at the end of the communal table 6 feet away from me. However, they were not the culprit.

I was very close to the bar and there was a young man sitting at the end of the bar. He had just comeback from an entrepreneurship seminar in Florida and was stoked. All he wanted to is tell me about that event and what he learned. At first, I listened eagerly.

When his first spit hit my check I knew I was in trouble and I knew Covid was coming for me. I wiped my face with the paper napkin but I knew it was too late. I went back to my lunch and left the place as soon as I was done eating. Now I hear I should have gargled with baking soda. Which is something I have been doing daily as part of the Covid remedy.

I left the restaurant quickly and tried to avid the young man like the plaque. I had heard Florida was a hot bed for all sorts of Covid.

Within an hour I had extreme dry mouth even though I was drinking water. I remembered that Covid causes loss of taste. For me it wasn’t a loss of taste but it was dry mouth. It was a feeling I had never felt before. Unlike thirst or dehydration.

The next day was a Labor Day and I spend the entire day in bed feeling as if a truck had run me down. I still thought maybe it was something I could sleep off. By 7 pm when the feeling kept getting worse I drove down to the nearest ER and got a Covid test.

Yes, I heard the dreaded words. I was Covid positive. The doctor gave me a zpack and steroids and told me to sleep it off.

However, it was not that easy. The information I got from all sorts of friends and family were overwhelming and mostly incorrect.

Ivermectin became the subject of every conversation. Friends were saying if I take that I will feel better quick. I tried to get the attention of my doctor and she was ignoring my calls and the hospitals calls that I should be under her care.

Please DO NOT TAKE this if you have Covid

I know, it’s time to change my doctor. That’s another issue all in another category. It reminds me of the movie GHOST — where Whoopi Goldberg is translating: You in Danger girl!

That’s what it felt like after taking Ivermictin. My life as I knew it would never be the same! I am thankful to be here and to be able to tell you about it and warn you to please be safe. Don’t listen to laymen on Social media. The only time this medicine in taken for human’s is if you have some intestinal parasites or lice.

I called in sick from work and I was unable to get up from my bed. I was confined to my bed for over two weeks. I am still not out of the woods yet. The pain in my body got to a place of unbearable emotions mixed with unstoppable pain. I also had watched Joe Rogan who YouTube videos on taking Ivermectin and he was better after a few days. Except he got several IV’s of vitamins and all sorts of good natural herbs that may have thrown off the Ivermectin.

The Covid help center was calling to check on me and do contact tracing and had suggested to see me doctor. I hadn’t walked to my doctors office because I wanted to be responsible and not spread this deadly illness. By Friday when the contact tracing person called she advised that it was okay if I went to my doctors office since my doctor was not answering her phone.

It was September 10th and I had gotten worse with body-ache, diarrhea and uncontrollable vomiting. I also had a bad taste in my mouth. I arrived at the doctors office with two masks and gloves and told the reception what was going on and asked her why they had not returned my calls. She advised me that the doctor had been responding through a portal to which I had no access to.

To make a long story short I had to leave and wait in my car for the doctor to call me. This was the conversation.

Doctor: Have you been terrorizing my receptionist?

Me: No, I just wanted to know why you hadn’t been returning my calls. I have Covid and I didn’t want to come in and spread my illness.

Doctor: I have responded to all of your message through the portal.

She keep repeating that no matter how many times I reminded her that she hadn’t been sending me anything or that I didn’t have access to this magical portal where unicorns drink nectar.

Then she asked rudely: What do you want?

I said: Ivermectin.

Doctor: I do Ivermectin with weight. She asked my weight and said I was to take 10 today and 10 in 10 days to get rid of the viral load.

I went to CVS in Woodland hills, CA and they were not allowed to administer that drug and people who were prescribing it for Covid were being prosecuted for it. So it made it even more attractive to me.

I found a drug store in Thousand Oaks on Saturday. By then I had gotten worse and I went down to the ER in that region since the ER nest to me wouldn’t do anything when I had gone there the night before. They left me outside like a homeless person and didn’t check on me for over an hour so I just went home.

At Thousand Oaks the doctor saw me quickly and gave me hydrocodone Acetamin for pain, another three day antibiotic, and an Albuterol Sulfate inhaler as I was losing my breath at night and couldn’t sleep. I got all of it at a nearby pharmacy including the Ivermictin.

It was past lunch and I was tired and I couldn’t wait to get home. I got Taco Bell, I was feeling like death any way. Plus it’s my guilty pleasure. I got home and downed one of each of my meds including 10 tiny Ivermictin pills.

That was the last day of the person I used to be. Two hours after that I was curled up on my bed begging for mercy. No amount of pain killers could help me.

I got worse the next day. A doctor friend had said if I got to Simi Valley hospital they would keep and give me IV. Sunday I drove to Simi Valley and they took me in and gave me IV and some meds. I felt a little better and drove home.

Then at night I got worse. There was da taste in my mouth that wouldn’t go away. COVID effects the intestines and lungs. My throat, ears and toungue tasted like road kill. I’ve never had road kill but I could imagine the taste in my mouth was worse.

I kept thinking this must be worse than cancer. I was in so much pain that I didn’t feel like life was worth living anymore and I realized why some people die of Covid. Then I thought to my daughter and I knew I had to survive this. I am a parent and nothing can stop me from being there for my daughter. I knew I had to get better. Thanks baby. You saved my life once again.

The next day I drove back to the same ER this time they kept me outside and told me to go home and rest. Funny thing is that it would take me 2 hours of meditation and prayer before I could get energy to drive.

I didn’t want to take an Uber and spread my germs. I wanted to be mindful of my fellow human’s. I would never want this illness to spread any further than it has.

That night when I was curled up on my bed in fetal position crying. I had no choice but to call 911. I was finally picked up and admitted to West Hills hospital where I was on Remdesivir, three different types of antibiotics and a blood thinner. Apparently, Covid rips through the body causing blood clots.

Second day after being hospitalized for COVD-19

I was hospitalized for four days. The doctor said 3–5 day and by the third day I felt ready to go home. I was in a room by myself and I wasn’t allowed to have visitors. I wanted to get out and touch the ground. Getting grounded during and illness is the best thing you can do for yourself. Also getting sun on my skin was highly missed.

I was on oxygen for several days. The doctor me if I wanted to go home I should breath by myself. I didn’t wear my oxygen tubes the last day and the doctor said if the pulmonary doctor can give the oaky I could go home. Well, that doctor was conveniently off the entire weekend. He showed up Monday morning on September 20th and said I was good to go. I asked about the Remdesivir because it was giving me heart palpitations. He said he didn’t care if I took the fourth dose, since I was breathing on my own I could be released.

I know my body and I knew I had to get out of there and that my body would begin deterating if I had stayed there longer. This is the moral of the story. While I really needed the doctors to help me monitor my breathing and give me antibiotics and a daily dose of blood thinners when the nurse showed up with a second dose of the blood thinner trying to convince me that I had always been getting two a day!! Not true I knew I had to get out. It was now about selling the drugs that were collecting dust on their shelves.

At this point I believe every lay person knows how corrupt big pharma is first thinking of our health but then there has been a twist in their bell curve of trying to sell more! MORE! MORE! Even when the patient doesn’t need it.

Please be an advocate for your own health and do your own research and trust your instincts. Don’t just follow directions, if you want to continue living a good life. Take the meds to get you out of a bind but our bodies were made to function on their own. Find out how to wean off meds and live a happy healthy life.

Bellow I will list the vitamins you need to overcome the long Covid symptoms. To go home my doctor gave me three meds. Your situation maybe different so check with your doctor. I am just sharing my process and it doesn’t mean that will be yours. I just feel that there are so many mixed messages it’s good to have some information on an experience that you could relate to.

  1. Dexamethasone
  2. Xarelto
  3. Zoloft for nausea as needed

To build immunity I take this amazing Echinacea Combination by
Integrative Therapeutics called Esberitox. They are chewable and I have been taking two a day. I hear from my herblist that it has a layering effect and you must take it daily and make sure your spouse and children take it too. This is more of preventative method.


Vitamins based on internet search and doctor friend’s suggestions

  1. Vitamin A, B, C, D and Zinc
  2. Quercetin for Cardiovascular support


3. L-Lysine + Monolarurin for immune support


Well folks, I am done talking about the negative. It was needed and I hope you got something out of it. In the end it’s only you and you. My grandmother says every time you get up you must put your hand on your knee. My family and friends were there helping me, calling me, checking on me and sending their love. I even had a friend bring me a home cooked meal. I knew eating hospital food doesn’t have any love in. It was odd how every meal was served with coffee even after I asked for tea or juice. First world problems! LOL

I still have bad taste in my mouth, but it’s not as bad as before. I sleep on my stomach as the doctor suggested. I wake up a lot to wash my mouth. I have baking soda and glass next to sink. I also use a natural mouth wash. But this is my life for now.

I hear rumors about microdosing psilocybin works heal the aftermath of COVID-19. I hope that Paul Stamets gets involved in that re-search. He has done a lot to get therapists to use it for depression. I’d be interested in seeing how or if that would be something that may help us with COVID.

I am old school and I have some old school methods of health and well being. You stick with me friend and I’ll have you relying on your own instincts again. After all, you were created in the image of God and you are perfect as you are. The meds are here to help us, and not here to take over our lives.

Be safe, please wear a mask. I know now that the mask works protect us from people’s spits when they speak. It’s a crazy world. I too want to go back to normal where I can see people’s faces and communicate again without mask. But for now we need to find a cure for the COVID thing.

Einstein believed The answer to everything is in nature. We will find the answer to COVD and we will go back to being human’s living in our true nature. LOVE and ABUNDANCE Ya’ll. LOVE YOU

What I look like now four days after being released from the hospital.



Anahita Adivi

A writer and lover of life. Fascinated with the question of “who am I?” and spaces I juggle writing and Real Estate. Living an inspired authentic life.